Master of Science, Information Systems
University of San Francisco, December 2009
Bachelor of Arts, History & Administrative Studies, Management Information Systems Concentration
University of California, Riverside, December 2001
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Arizona State University, Expected Spring 2019
Director, Information Technology for Pacific Ethanol, Inc.
Sacramento, CA – August 2006 to August 2015
Managed the IT systems and all IT projects for corporate headquarters, 3 remote offices, and 4 ethanol plants encompassing 125 desktops, 40 servers, 2 datacenters and multiple network and phone systems. Supervised IT Help Desk, Systems Administration and Development personnel to ensure entire information system is functioning correctly as well as multiple vendors supporting the organizations technology projects and ongoing needs.
- Project manager for enterprise wide disaster recovery and high availability project. Project included secondary datacenter build out, Exchange 2013 upgrade and configuration of database availability groups, Lync 2013 IM, Conferencing, and Enterprise Voice upgrade with failover capabilities, F5 Load balancers, OSPF dynamic routing on internet circuits and SharePoint 2013. $1.7M project, 10 team members.
- Project manager for Dynamics NAV 4.0 to Dynamics NAV 2015 project. $500K project, 12 team members.
- Project manager and head of the IT Steering Committee overseeing implementation of a companywide Dynamics NAV to SAP implementation. Oversaw FICO, SD, PP, PM, MM, BW. Project got to 85% complete and Executive Management chose to postpone GoLive and re-evaluate. $2.1M project, 21 team members.
- Project Manager for a Unified Communications initiative that reduced conferencing costs, local and long distance and enabled follow me/find me capabilities across the organization using Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Lync 2010. Consolidated Nortel BCM 50s and BCM 400 systems and integrated with Lync 2010 infrastructure. Resulted in over 60% reduction in monthly local and long distance costs and reduced mobile phone expenses. $200K project, 5 team members.
- Project Manager that led network infrastructure consolidation efforts for 8 sites. Migrated from point to point VPN T1 network to MPLS network with centralized Internet access based out of headquarters. Eliminated multiple redundant firewall systems and lowered monthly communications costs 41% while standardizing with a single carrier. Managed stakeholder expectations and ensured migration had minimal impact on all sites involved. 3 team members.
- Project Manager for GE Proficy Historian/Portal Project – Integrated historian server into plant DCS systems to provide historical data tracking. Oversaw development efforts of screens allowing management team real time and historical view into plant operations from anywhere in the world. 5 team members, $250K project.
- Integrated four ethanol production facilities into enterprise wide network and information systems.
- Started with a young company and three servers. Lead senior management and executives through the development of an IT Strategy, implemented SOX Controls eliminating IT control deficiencies, built and grew IT staff to support 24x7x365 production facilities, setup critical systems to be highly available, setup IT systems for 4 offices and 4 plants across 4 states, survived bankruptcy and reorganization and two ERP upgrades.
Manager, Information Technology for Rack N Road
Sacramento, CA – January 2006 to August 2006
Project manager for major e-commerce website and integration with Retail Pro database system. $100K project, 6 team members. Coordinated and managed all corporate headquarters technologies including 12 servers, 40 retail point of sale stations and 25 office workstations.
Information Systems Manager & Webmaster for Ontario Christian Schools
Ontario, CA – July 2003 to July 2005
- Consolidated 3 Windows NT domains for 2 sites and 3 business groups into a single Active Directory domain reducing administrative costs, improving security and standardizing on Windows Server 2000.
- Completed numerous projects focusing on improving reliability and access to the school’s systems for 100+ faculty and staff and 1500+ students over 2 campuses.
- Upgraded 300 workstations to Windows 2000 Professional. Deployed Microsoft Exchange 2003 to provide email for all OCS Faculty and Staff greatly improving parent/teacher communications.
- Provided day-to-day support for faculty, staff and students.
- Redesigned and deployed new ColdFusion based website and content management system which allowed staff to post the latest news and events without IT intervention.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000-10, Microsoft Windows Server 2000-Server 2012 R2
Hardware: Cisco switch & router configuration, ASA firewall configuration, APC UPS Systems, HP and Dell Servers, HP EVA Storage Area Network, HP C7000 Blade Enclosures, Cisco UCS Systems, Nimble Storage Systems, Barracuda Backup Appliances
Software: Microsoft Office, Visio & Project, Lync, Exchange, MS SQL Server 2005 thru 2012, Dynamics NAV, Symantec Backup Exec, Sophos End Point Protection, WebSense Content Filter, Cisco Web Security, MATLAB, Logisim
Languages & Frameworks: C++, C#, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS
Certifications & Affiliations
- Project Management Professional PMP #1559249
- Certified Scrum Master #00253878
- Instructor – Project Quality Management Course, Sacramento Valley Chapter, PMI Chapter
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- .NET Programming Certificate – University of Illinois
Pack 233, Golden Empire Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Den Leader September 2013 to May 2015
- Pack Advancement Chair September 2014 to May 2015
- Pack Committee Chair May 2015 to June 2017
National Youth Leadership Training August 2015 Summer Course
Golden Empire Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Assistant Scoutmaster Program
Soaring Eagle District, Golden Empire Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Cub Scout Unit Commissioner